Tequila and Food Pairings
Tequila Food Pairing
Most people think that tequila and food pairings should stick to Mexican culture. The traditional people think tequila should only be used to cook with authentic Mexican traditional foods and paired with foods such as tacos, burritos, enchiladas, and tostadas. However, gourmet cooks and chefs are learning to branch to incorporate and infuse tequila with many other dishes, meals, appetizers, and foods. It is not just about wine anymore, and many people are finding out that different spirits compliment and enhance the flavors of foods.
Tequila and Food pairings
- Tequila is expanding ever so greatly as it is being utilized to enhance the unique flavor of some types of desserts such as sorbet, pies, frozen desserts, and cakes.
- Tequila can be presented with a wide-array of assortments of appetizers such as soups and salads. Whether margaritas and cocktails are served with them or tequila is used as a complimentary ingredient to a new recipe, tequila can surpass that of sherry and wine as a cleanser of the taste palette.
- Tequila compliments seafood and citrus based foods. It lends itself with its pungent flavor and embraces the neutral and acidic side of these foods.
- Tequila reposado possesses a unique woodsy flavoring that works well with poultry and pork type main dishes in the kitchen. You can drink it straight add it into sauces, or simply indulge with a fruity flavored martini of choice.
- Of course tequila and food pairings are exquisite when based upon the apparent culture behind Mexican meals and traditional dishes. Of course, Mexican culture has had the time and put forth the efforts to perfect them. You cannot go to an authentic Mexican restaurant without having a Margarita and choosing from the many foods that compliment the beverage.
- Hot and spicy foods are definitely make for great tequila and food pairings. The spiciness and bite of chile peppers, spices, and warm foods can be neutralized by being combined with the unique flavors of tequilas and types.
- Among the many food pairings for tequila, veggies such as asparagus, tomatoes, and acidic veggies work well when consumed together with the spirit.
- Many spices and herbs can be enhanced with the use of tequila & food pairing. These spices are such as citrus, lemon, lime, and even cinnamon, cloves, cumin, peppercorn, cayenne, and other sweet spices.
- Sweet foods and fruit based items go well with tequila. Unbelievably grapes, elderberries, strawberries, raspberries, and even litchi can be paired with tequila for a very enjoyable experience.
- Coffee flavors can be embellished with the use of various tequilas. This is essential with the deep espressos and harsh coffees that are from Mexican origin.
- Rich and aged cheeses enhance the flavor of tequila and vise versa. Cheeses such as brie, feta, blue cheese, swiss, and goat cheese possess the qualities that tequila emphasizes the flavor of.
Tequila and food pairing possibilities are just in the beginnings of the experimental stage as tequila has just now earned a new persona for itself. The traditional wild side of tequila has been outcast and in the new wave has exceeded all the different assumptions of the spirit. With this new innovations in tequila and food pairing have begun to spread. The future will tell what creative schemes will be conjured up to match food with tequila. You can bet that your tastebuds will be enticed with what is yet to come.
Email us your Favorite Tequila Food Pairings firstname.lastname@example.org
Tequila Quote: Alcohol is the anesthesia by which we endure the operation of life. ~ George Bernard Shaw